In this tutorial, we will be having a look at how to boot Samsung S20 and S20 Ultra into the recovery mode. The steps are simple and it will only take you a few seconds to do, and complete it. So let us begin.
Before you Boot Recovery on Samsung S20 and S20 Ultra:
Before rushing down to the instructions part, here is some little info for you. This tutorial is quite simple, but still, it is required that you know what you are doing. Recovery Mode is a mode which helps an Android user to perform certain tasks, which can be done as effectively inside the user interface.
Like in the recovery menu, you have certain options to hard reset, wipe Dalvik cache, and install updates on the phone manually. And there are plenty more functions which can be done. Furthermore, they can be increased by using a custom recovery, by overriding the stock recovery. Stock Recovery is a recovery that comes installed on the phone from the manufacturer.
Also, note that since this is just a booting up tutorial. No data will be lost, as we are not flashing anything. We are just accessing the already installed recovery on your Samsung S20 and S20 Ultra. So head down to the instructions below and have it done.
We are going to provide you with three methods. So that you can choose the one which suits you the best. Method 1 is the method in which we will be using the hardware key combination, to get the access to the recovery mode. Method 2 will be using a computer, and a USB cable to help you boot into the recovery mode on Sensation. It is generally for the people who have a key damaged, so they are not able to use the key combination. Lastly the third method will be helping you to boot the phone from an app itself. Ideal if you don’t have a computer as well. So let us start.
- Make sure that your phone is properly charged before you begin.
- Now Press the Power and Volume Down Buttons Simultaneously.
- A menu will appear after 6-7 seconds. A menu will now appear.
- Select the “Recovery Mode” option there.
- The phone will then boot into the Recovery Mode.
- You can now do, whatever you wanted to do in the Recovery Mode.
- You will be able to navigate with Volume Buttons and Select an option with the help of the Power button.
- Firstly make sure that the USB Debugging Mode is on.
- You can do that by going into the Developer Option in Settings.
- To unlock the Developer Options, tap on the Build Number 7 times. It will be located in About Section under Settings.
- After that, Connect your phone to the computer with the help of a USB cable.
- Make sure that you have the ADB Drivers and SDK setup.
- Then open the Command Prompt and run it as Administrator.
- Then type the following command, “ADB reboot recovery “
- The phone will then reboot into the recovery mode.
- Also check that your device is online and the PC is detecting it, before. It can be done by typing ‘ADB devices‘.
- Install Magisk Manager App on your Samsung phone from the Play Store.
- The app will then ask for Root Access.
- Grant the App Root Access with your SuperSU manager or Whatever Root Permission App you are using.
- Open the App.
- Choose the Option “Reboot Recovery“.
- Your phone will then reboot into the recovery mode.
So this is it. This is how you simply boot Samsung S20 and S20 Ultra into the recovery mode. If you faced any issue while following the instructions. You can let us know, and we will be happy to help you out.